EASE Focus 3 Features
EASE Focus 3 is a
three-dimensional, acoustic simulation software for the configuration and
modeling of line array systems, digitally steered columns, subwoofer arrays,
and conventional loudspeakers.
The support of over 60 loudspeaker manufacturers who license their systems for use in EASE Focus makes it possible to offer the software at no charge for the end user.
Focus 3 is the universal tool for the simulation of loudspeaker systems. It is supported by nearly all major loudspeaker manufacturers and offers a comprehensive set of features from general design functions for venues and sound systems all the way to specialized tuning and optimization features.
- Quickly enter a venue into EASE Focus 3 using differently shaped basic audience zones and define multiple audience areas within these. Areas can be placed at different heights and can have inclining seating. Geometry data can either be entered from an existing plan using regular X, Y, Z coordinates or by use of polar coordinates as derived from laser distance and inclinometers on site. Add additional vertical cutting planes to provide section views for extended evaluation.
- Add sound systems from EASE Focus' encompassing database spanning more than 60 leading brands. EASE Focus 3 supports line arrays, configurable loudspeakers and columns, typical point sources, and subwoofer arrays. Each sound source can be tweaked and adjusted in placement, orientation, and electronic parameters such as gain, polarity, delay, and a virtual EQ. Up to 40 sound sources, even from different brands, are supported within one project. Nifty functions for stacking, snapping, moving, and copying make the setup of larger systems easy.
- Watch EASE Focus immediately calculate the sound coverage on your audience zones and sections. Investigate the interaction between separate sound sources especially in the low and low-mid frequency range with the "Complex Summation" feature introduced with EASE Focus 3. All mappings now clearly show the influence of polarity, phase, and propagation delay of your systems on the audience areas. Adjust your settings and re-calculate in order to maximize SPL and minimize negative effects.
- The “Complex Sum” calculation setting allows effective simulation and tuning of basically any arrangement of subwoofer arrays. Place and stack your loudspeakers freely or insert a pre-configured array. Then tune them to deliver the desired radiation pattern. While inserting a new sound source you may specifically add subwoofers as a subwoofer array. EASE Focus 3 treats such an array as a single sound source, offers different parameters to conveniently configure it, and automatically computes suggested delays.
- Make use of many helpful features for pre-production and on-site setup. For instance, EASE Focus seamlessly integrates the AFMG FIRmaker Technology and offers a communication interface for data transfer to DSP platforms. A plug-in architecture for rigging safety calculations provides the opportunity for manufacturers to offer additional calculations beyond the acoustic realm. Extensive PDF reports can be exported and passed to your system technician for fast and flawless installation.
EASE Focus is based on AFMG's renowned EASE calculation engine. This provides high accuracy in the full frequency range from 20 Hz to 20 kHz due to the high internal data resolution and the GLL data format. Compatible data structures allow data exchange with EASE and other AFMG software packages. Fully configured line arrays can be exported for further use in EASE. Digitally steered columns and other configurable loudspeakers require an additional proprietary DLL that can provide beam steering filters and other manufacturer-specific settings.
EASE Focus currently supports German, English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, and French languages.
Full FIRmaker Integration
FIRmaker optimization technology is fully integrated with EASE Focus. All FIRmaker features can be access directly from within the EASE Focus user interface.
- FIR channel matrix to assign any combination of amplifiers, cabinets etc. to available FIR DSP channels
- Area definition specific to each sound source to use as target area or to avoid
- Flexible definition of various optimization target criteria, e.g. uniformity, maximum SPL etc.
- Fast preview and comparison of optimization results
- Selected best optimization can be saved to FIR filter files or uploaded directly to supported DSP devices
GLL Loudspeaker Data
In EASE Focus 3, each line array or loudspeaker is described by a so-called system definition which contains the mechanical, electronic and acoustic properties of the loudspeaker system. This system definition is stored in an EASE GLL file which can be compiled with the EASE SpeakerLab software.
GLL data files are created and supplied by loudspeaker manufacturers. Any GLL file can be loaded into the EASE acoustic modeling software. However, in order to create a GLL that can be used in EASE Focus 3 a loudspeaker company needs to be licensed by AFMG.
Great efforts have been made to keep EASE Focus 3 intuitive and easy-to-use while introducing three-dimensional coordinates and many new features. It can be considered a tool for both the end user, who needs to set up the sound system for a show, as well as for the R&D engineer, who is interested in the acoustic qualities of the array design. EASE Focus 3 is the optimal tool for easy and quick prediction of the sound system performance in a given venue.
Compared to conventional aiming software the applicability of EASE Focus 3 is much larger. It is not fixed to a single loudspeaker product. System definition files for different types of line arrays can be created and added to the software database at any time and without changing a single line of code.